How to get your dog to ring a bell to go out
Step 1: Teach your dog the command “touch”. Here is how:
Click and treat the instant your animal looks at your hand.
- Put your hand about ¼” before the canine’s nose.
- Click and treat the moment your canine glances at your hand. (On the off chance that your pup contacts it immediately, click that!) You can likewise say yes rather than clicking. Note, it is important that the click or the “yes!” happen within one second of your dog doing the right thing.
- Rinse and repeat, put your hand ¼” away from your dog’s nose.
- When the dog touches your hand, click and treat.
- Next, move your hand a little to the left, a little to the right, a little higher, a little lower—clicking and treating every time your dog touches your hand. For now, make it easy for your dog by continuing to move your hand close to your pup’s nose.
- Then, move back a step or two and rinse and repeat.
- Increase your distance until you are satisfied he is proficient from over 20 feet away.
- Work in short sessions, no more than 3-5 minutes at a time.